Monday, April 28, 2008

Hunter x Hunter Episode 1 Released -- Staff Info

So here we have episode 1 of Hunter x Hunter. This release is completely softsubbed, so that means nothing fancy... and thanks to A-K for the translation for this episode... hoping that we will get a translator soon so we can completely redo Hunter x Hunter.

To put it flat out, I'm hoping this episode will be able to bring in some staff and then redo this episode. So with that, we are still in need of all staff positions.

Grab the episode's torrent HERE or if you prefer a semi-direct download, have a Megaupload link HERE. You can also download it on pack #2 on Saizen|Maka in our IRC channel (#PhantomTroupe@irc.rizon.net) thanks to wanderer-zero!

Please help seed once you are done downloading.

So anyway, jump into our channel on Rizon and idle or something...

--------------

Just a bit of info for those who might be interested in joining. Currently, I have the first 3 volumes of Hunter x Hunter R2 DVDS. They consist of episodes 1-12. If this project ever takes off, I do plan on buying the remaining volumes. Unlike the older subs that were subbed onto VHS-rips, these are now DVD ones :D So if any encoder plans to apply, you will be working with vobs.

For translation, anything is opened... though experience is a plus.

Typesetting/Karaoke effectors/Logo Maker: A person with After-Effects experience would be awesome to have, but if you are experienced in ASS typesetting/effecting, please feel free to apply.

Distro is opened now. I'm barely getting through the release of this one episode, so bots, trackers, everything. I'm all open for it.

Quality Checking, editing, and so forth will be thought out after we obtain a translator.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you planning on doing every single episode?

PhantomTroupe Fansubs said...

That's what I'm planning. I'm all for it if we can get a good staff.

Boggieman said...

well, welcome to the fansubbing world... I hope you survive xD. First, how many are you? if you are alone, how should we call you, the phantomtroop? sounds plural (and weird).
Second, I may be able to me the logo guy you mentioned... but i dont like irc. :)

c ya

PhantomTroupe Fansubs said...

Ah, currently I'm the only /active/ member. I did this whole first episode myself... timing, encoding, all (aside from the translation).

Since this episode went out, I've been getting random people wanting to join, so I've let them in.

If you are interested in making us a logo, send me a email at phantomtroupe@gmail.com and tell me what items you might need to make one :D

Boggieman said...

great, expect me to contact you in a few days. Your name won't change, will it? It's quite long, i'll start thinking how i can put that in a logo... phamtom troupe fansubs... PTF? haha, no

PhantomTroupe Fansubs said...

Hah... It shall stay the same.

Though [PhantomTroupe] is short name, so that should be usuable, especially since it's two words, as is Hunter x Hunter.

ToastCrust said...

There's a typo at 10:32, for this episode.

"You'll reget that."

You're missing the r in regret. Just thought I'd make note of it.

I'm really excited that you'll be subbing this, so good luck. :3

PhantomTroupe Fansubs said...

Thanks... I really did QC this episode since I had planned out that it would be redone and this would just be sorta an 'ad' episode to let people know someone wants to sub Hunter x Hunter :P

Mustar said...

You could use Lunars traslation for the first episodes... I could maybe help in typsetting... if i can make time

PhantomTroupe Fansubs said...

Yeah, I wasn't thinking at the time... and I don't have the first 5 episodes for Lunar. Only 6-10 or whatever the second batch is.

Anyway... I got a new encoder, still no translator though. So I'm still wondering if I should just go ahead and release HxH01 with the new encode and fixed errors... or what on a translator that will never come.